8th year of raising funds to fight childhood cancer

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
This month I'm doing my 8th year of riding the Great Cycle Challenge. In the challenge you nominate a distance for yourself to ride during the month of October and during the month you raise funds that go to Children's Medical Research Institute (CMRI) to help battle childhood cancer.
I have lost a cousin, uncles, aunts and last December my mother in law to cancer so I would dearly love to see the end of it.
https://greatcyclechallenge.com.au/riders/AlanHanson
This Wednesday 9-Oct-2024 there is Kick Cancer's Butt Day where all online donations WILL BE MATCHED (up to $800,000)!
I set myself a very modest 200km riding distance for the month and a $200 donation target. Due to work, weather and family stuff I have barely been on the bike this year (290km Jan-Sep). I started the month with 3 fine days where I rode a short ride to get the legs back working. The 4 days since then the weather has been highly ordinary. Today is the 4th day it's rained and it's overcast, showering and 25-40kmh winds. IF it's not raining when I finish today's mail run around 4:45 I'll get on the bike to battle the wind.

Back