Adding models to existing shows/sequences

DjSyko12

New elf
Good morning,,
I started my pixel project earlier this year. You guys on here were able to help me with an issue I had in the beginning getting my first string of lights to work with FPP. I was having issues with pixels not lighting up correctly and it was suggested to me to try starting a new sequence because I had started playing with the sequencing before actually having lights plugged into the controller (Falcon F16). That seemed to fix my addressing issues. Since then I have made a few sequences that work perfectly but my concern is moving forward and adding more models to my show. I am under the impression that anytime I add or change things on the controller I have to start new sequences to avoid address issues like before....
I really find this hard to believe that some of you guys that have a HUGE amount of models/props have to completely throw away your previous sequences and start fresh every time a new piece is added or changed.... Can someone please give me some reassurance that I will be able to keep my existing sequences and simply add a prop or two to them...I really don't want to have to start fresh every time I add something as I plan on adding more and more as time goes on...

Rest assured, certainly yes.

You can do several combinations below:
Add the prop to the layout / controllers.
Upload the new config to controllers.
Add new element to groups if you sequence at group level (optional).
Add to the display elements of the sequences, if you need to map to it (optional).
Add any effects you want.
Re-render the sequences to account for the rearranged channels / new layout / controllers. (Edit: And be sure to save.)
Push out the resulting .fseq files to the controllers in the same way you would for any new sequence.

An alternative is to update your sequence by importing a new sequence from an old one. Everything else is much the same, you can auto map all existing stuff, then remap any new/removed/changed items and end up with the old sequence on your new layout.

Edit: You can also bulk render sequences on the new layout, this automatically fixes the .fseqs and also if you were sequencing at the group level there isn't any need to mess with the sequences individually.

I will try!!! thank you! I spent a lot of time on my sequences it would be a shame to have to start over every time i add something. :)

Back