Adjusted model directions and order, now effects are messed up.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
This is my first year with xlights and I am loving it. Note that I’m putting my lights on the house I’ve had to make changes in xlights to adjust model order, start location and such. But now my effects are now displaying correctly. They are showing up on the wrong models. I re-rendered it but it did not fix it. What should I do?

Nojoy

Full time elf
If possible suggest checking the channels assigned to each model in the Test option within Xlights. Wire everything up, then turn on each model individually to see if there is a channel mapping issue

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Sorry, need more info. Controller type? Did you upload or update the changes in the controller itself to match what you did in xlights?

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
oh, and do a Check Sequence it will often show you where errors are including model overlaps

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
and another pro tip - in the Layout tab it's often handy to sort all your models by Start Chan (name is default) this makes it easier to see models with overlapping channels, or missing channels.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Sorry, I’ve got a f16v3 and I haven’t put it to the lights yet just working on getting it the software side of things finished. I will go in and look at the channels. I used visualizer to move things around and changed the properties in some of the individual models. I assumed it would redo the channels. Does auto mapping have to be on?

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Start channels is what I was using. I assumed it would reorder the channels.

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Oh, and thanks for the quick response. With so much work that goes into this and to have your show go hay wire this close to Christmas is a little stressful. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Srmorgan

Full time elf
Ok, I figured it out. Part of the problem is that I didn’t have enough universes. I had changed some of my permanent roof lights to be controlled by the falcon instead of WiFi so it through the count off. Thanks