Advice?

Junior

Full time elf
Not sure posted in the right thread.
Posted the other day on fb. Out of 29 props 4 left to go which I've had trouble with. Had no problrms with the last 25 props soldering Pigtails too it. All worked. This last 4 has been baffling as the pigtails ain't working

3 pin pigtails(yellow, blue and Brown). Are not all pigtails the same? Yellow is data, Brown is 12v etc. As I've started using a different batch of pigtails i got, and it last 3 pigtails haven't worked. Even tried to swap data and ground around too. No go.

Was at a funeral last 2 days as this was a problem that stemmed from Thursday night. This is the link from the other day and the helpful people on it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/628061113896314?view=permalink&id=1978569555512123

roo

Full time elf
What do you mean not working? Have you tested that you have power to the pigtails? With a meter. Are you getting flickering? Are these fused? Check the fuse to see if it is ok

Junior

Full time elf
Fuse on the controller? Sorry noobie here.

Out of 25 props the wires of the pigtails to the pixel have been all the same. These last 4 props I have had problems with the pigtails. Wired it the same it blew the controller fuse. Even tried swapping data and ground around. No go.

roo

Full time elf
Can you see what the data in, gnd, and 12v or 5v on the first pixels of these props are?

MrX

New elf
I received a bunch of LEDs the other day from the same supplier I ordered some from about a month prior. Pigtails on the second batch had polarity wired the opposite of the first ones. Don't trust them, check with a meter to make sure the out is the same. Use a multimeter in continuity mode and / or follow the wires to see where they go to the PCB and what the marking are there.

Junior

Full time elf
Wow check a new string to see if it works. All 100 worked. So I cut a piece of the string, solder a male pigtail on it. And I go to connect it to the controller and turn it on. It blows the fuse. Wth is going on.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Double and triple check wiring. Pigtails are NOT all the same.
Use a multimeter and check where each wire goes in relation to the pin.
I got a bunch of Ray last year and the colour was different from the pigtail to the injection point.
Also, make sure if you have power injection on the lights, you are not injecting 12v and running on a 5v output.

I agree with Scamper... Got burnt by a pigtail that had the data and power wires mixed... As for what colour is what... that's completely up to you.. as long as you do the same things each time then you will be fine. But check and double check the wiring of each pigtail before soldering it on.