AI Custom Music

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Recently at the Melbourne Mini I gave a rather impromptu presentation around an AI site I'd recently discovered called Suno.com, and it turned out to be one of the most talked about topics all weekend that everyone can be involved in no matter what level of lighting display experience you have.

Essentially this is a site that can generate an entire song (music, vocals & lyrics) in just seconds, and it's quite customisable and a lot of fun! If you are looking for a song that has specific lyrics to your dsiplay's name or location, or maybe even mention the charity you are fundraising for, then this is a fun & easy way to generate the audio you need for your sequence.

As of this post there is no cost involved to use this service, and to get started all you need to do is register your email address to start creating. This free service grants you 50 credits which allows 10x song generations* per day, and the credits reset to 50 the following day. * note that with each request this generates 2x different versions of the same song, so realistically you can prompt it 5x per day.
However if you feel like flexing your creative AI muscles then the site offers different levels of monthly subscriptions allowing 500 or 2000 song credits monthly amongst some other upgrades.

When you land on the home page, you can start to browse what other users have created and shared. When you create a song, you can choose to share this publically so others can listen and "like" similar to Spotify.

But its the Create menu where all the magic happens. If you just want to test the waters, then pop in a semi detailed song description under 200 characters then click Create. For example: A high energy pop song with male vocals about Evans Central Christmas Lights display. They collect cash donations for the Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal.
In under a minute (internet speed dependant) you will be able to start listening to the 2x version of what it has generated. You can even see the lyrics on the right of the screen to copy & paste into a lyric track in xlights. Here's an example of what the above prompt gave me.

Want to tweak the prompt and be a bit more specific? Hit the Custom button up the top and now the prompts allow for more text to be entered for specific lyrics (up to 3000 character) and you can define the style of music in the next box. Don't like the song Title it generated? Give it your own in the next box. Don't want lyrics at all and just after an instrumental version? Click the Instrumental button up top and forgo the lyrics box.

Next to the generated songs, you can share the link (as I did above) and you can also mark the song as Public, meaning it will show on the front page or during browsing. You can also Extend the track length if you're after a longer song.

Some points of note - the audio quality isn't always great. One of the tests we did at the Mini was a hardstyle dance song, and the heavy bass was a little distorded throughout. Whilst you could import the audio into an editor like Audacity and make your own custom edit or add effects and EQ the stereo file, if its distorted at the source then you'll be hard pressed to get rid of this.

So go get creative!! Know any more AI sites that are specific to music/audio that you think the community would like to know about? Share below :)

Last edited:

Mark_M

Annoying Elf

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Recently at the Melbourne Mini I gave a rather impromptu presentation around an AI site I'd recently discovered called Suno.com, and it turned out to be one of the most talked about topics all weekend that everyone can be involved in no matter what level of lighting display experience you have.

Essentially this is a site that can generate an entire song (music, vocals & lyrics) in just seconds, and it's quite customisable and a lot of fun! If you are looking for a song that has specific lyrics to your dsiplay's name or location, or maybe even mention the charity you are fundraising for, then this is a fun & easy way to generate the audio you need for your sequence.

As of this post there is no cost involved to use this service, and to get started all you need to do is register your email address to start creating. This free service grants you 50 credits which allows 10x song generations* per day, and the credits reset to 50 the following day. * note that with each request this generates 2x different versions of the same song, so realistically you can prompt it 5x per day.
However if you feel like flexing your creative AI muscles then the site offers different levels of monthly subscriptions allowing 500 or 2000 song credits monthly amongst some other upgrades.

When you land on the home page, you can start to browse what other users have created and shared. When you create a song, you can choose to share this publically so others can listen and "like" similar to Spotify.

But its the Create menu where all the magic happens. If you just want to test the waters, then pop in a semi detailed song description under 200 characters then click Create. For example: A high energy pop song with male vocals about Evans Central Christmas Lights display. They collect cash donations for the Kmart Wishing Tree Appeal.
In under a minute (internet speed dependant) you will be able to start listening to the 2x version of what it has generated. You can even see the lyrics on the right of the screen to copy & paste into a lyric track in xlights. Here's an example of what the above prompt gave me.

Want to tweak the prompt and be a bit more specific? Hit the Custom button up the top and now the prompts allow for more text to be entered for specific lyrics (up to 3000 character) and you can define the style of music in the next box. Don't like the song Title it generated? Give it your own in the next box. Don't want lyrics at all and just after an instrumental version? Click the Instrumental button up top and forgo the lyrics box.

Next to the generated songs, you can share the link (as I did above) and you can also mark the song as Public, meaning it will show on the front page or during browsing. You can also Extend the track length if you're after a longer song.

Some points of note - the audio quality isn't always great. One of the tests we did at the Mini was a hardstyle dance song, and the heavy bass was a little distorded throughout. Whilst you could import the audio into an editor like Audacity and make your own custom edit or add effects and EQ the stereo file, if its distorted at the source then you'll be hard pressed to get rid of this.

So go get creative!! Know any more AI sites that are specific to music/audio that you think the community would like to know about? Share below :)
Song is great that it created. Got in a plug for your site, your work but left out Crimebourne ;)

I've created 2 songs specific for my display. I'll be using these for my display this year but they're secret until December. 1 song is about a new prop and 1 is about a local celebrity visiting my display.