almost there! just need a help using the visualise button

badger4543

Full time elf
im using a pixlite16 mkii. does this work with the visualise button

dose a "port" = an output on the controller?

im wanting to daisy chain my arches with my mini trees and stars also thinking the windows with the wreath just to minimise wiring running all over the place

in the visualise section i drag the arch1-minitree1-ministar1 to port1 when i drag arch2 in it drops in next to arch1 is this correct?

also the pixel count on the side doesnt add up, some do some dont not sure what that means?

also have a heap of "warning gap in port " whats this mean? *pic attached*

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 5.28.02 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 5.28.02 pm.png
    191.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 7.49.41 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-23 at 7.49.41 pm.png
    1 MB · Views: 8

Zuseleets

Full time elf
Yes it does work with the visualise button. Yes a port is the output on the controller. You need to set the models in the layout section to start at the end of the model you want it connected with. Not sure why the pixel count doesnt add up, are you talking about the pixel count under the port number? That resembles the total amount of pixels on that port.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
The "gap in port" means you have a gap in the sequential numbering of the channels (model to model - port to port).

Sometimes occurs if you've manually assigned start channels in Layout.

badger4543

Full time elf
Yes it does work with the visualise button. Yes a port is the output on the controller. You need to set the models in the layout section to start at the end of the model you want it connected with. Not sure why the pixel count doesnt add up, are you talking about the pixel count under the port number? That resembles the total amount of pixels on that port.

i think ive got it now.. but i kind thought that was was meant to happen when you drag and drop in the visualiser box

badger4543

Full time elf
i went though each item in layout and selected start points and then dragged and dropped, gotten rid of the gap errors and corrected the pixel count..
hopefully ive done this correctly haha time will tell

Dreamin

Full time elf
I got a lot of errors like that when I started using the visualiser. I took all the props off the visualiser, and went to layout, removed all the ports and channels from the models. They just had the controller selected in Controller, then back to visualiser and moved it all around they way I wanted. So the numbers on the left = ports. It was so easy. No universes or channels to worry about. It really made my life so simple!

badger4543

Full time elf
I got a lot of errors like that when I started using the visualiser. I took all the props off the visualiser, and went to layout, removed all the ports and channels from the models. They just had the controller selected in Controller, then back to visualiser and moved it all around they way I wanted. So the numbers on the left = ports. It was so easy. No universes or channels to worry about. It really made my life so simple!

Oh that's handy to know ill try it that way next time in playing with it