Antenna recommendations?

aplant92

Full time elf
Hi all,

I just bought one of the EDM Design transmitters (the high end model) and am wondering if there's anywhere I can pick up an easy plug in and use antenna?

Or should I be right using the cable they provided?

Wendys

New elf
think the small cable supplied is for testing only, I received the small rubber ducky antenna with mine

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
You can make a very good antenna for the EDM yourself! I made this one and used it for a few years till I went and bought a manufactured antenna. This one works almost as well as the expensive one!
Use RG-58 for the coax. I crimped ring lugs on the ends of the coax so that I could use thumbtacks to hand the antenna. I also used a piece of 3/4" pvc pipe a little over an inch long instead of the broomstick.

Attachments

• EDMdipole1.jpg
    EDMdipole1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 39

aplant92

Full time elf
Thanks for the suggestion! Where did you buy your antenna? Trying to avoid any more manual creations for this year! ;)

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
I bought mine from a fellow DIYer who was making them but has since stopped. A shame since he built a very nice one tuned to the specific frequency that you wanted.
Shipping is another problem for you I'm sure so I would hope that someone on here who lives closer to you has some suggestions on where to purchase one.

aplant92

Full time elf
Damn! Seems I was naive in thinking there would be a quick and easy way of picking one of these up...