Aussie LOR Users: Who Is Who

Benslights

Dedicated elf
well i thought i should update what i am doing with my LOR in 2011 i ran 48 channels of AC
in 2012 i will be running the same 48 channels of lor ac boards in DMX and i am looking to add 2 of rays 27 channel boards and a tp3244 into the mix and get some digital strip going. so we will see how it all goes in 2012

Robbo

Full time elf
sounds good YL, 2011 was my 2nd year using LOR, even tho I bought the boards 3 years ago, I didn't use them the first year, all are AC and for the last 2 years I ran 240V motifs etc on them as well as some modded multifunction controller sets of low voltage LED light strings.

Only downfall to using modded strings like that is you only get 1 channel out of them, which is my main reason for wanting to convert them to DC control, so I can get control back of the seperate channels within certain strings and funk it up a bit.

That is my main goal for 2012, and finances permitting I am looking into starting the RGB venture but not sure about the digital strip just yet, gonna start off with some dumb strip and perhaps throw off the 240V ropelight off the star and redo it with the strips.

and thats about it for now....I have a lot of modifying to do once I get some bits n pieces in to allow me to do it properly ;-)

macflea

New elf
Hi All
this is my first year using LOR i've just brought 4xCTB16PC controllers running 64 channels and looking forward to the challangers ahead. This is going to be quite an experance, I've been on ACL since last year (2011) and willing to take advice from the more experanced .

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
This is our 6th year using LOR with synchronised displays. Last year was our first with RGB and this year we will be using pixels. It is interesting to read how peoples displays have evolved over the years.. I wonder when we read these posts again in years to come just how and what we will using then?

wacam

New elf
Hi guys i'm nick from New Zealand , im still what id call a beginner to this with only only controller but once the budget allows i plan on expanding to more ive been lightening up for xmas on n off since about 2006 now

prontoheal

New elf
Hi guys i'm pronto,

I have been using LOR now for about 2 years in a couple of places firstly at home where I seem to have crossed over to my nieghbours house as well. Last year I had 60 channels, but this I am planning on having 120 channels plus 148 channels 24 of those being RGB. I also aid with the programming of the Christmas Lights and the tree in Canberra.

Each year it gets bigger for the house :)

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
prontoheal said:
Hi guys i'm pronto,

I have been using LOR now for about 2 years in a couple of places firstly at home where I seem to have crossed over to my nieghbours house as well. Last year I had 60 channels, but this I am planning on having 120 channels plus 148 channels 24 of those being RGB. I also aid with the programming of the Christmas Lights and the tree in Canberra.

Each year it gets bigger for the house :) [SIZE=78%] [/SIZE]

Welcome to ACL, lots of info and help here to help you discover your options.

Bryan H

Bryan
Hi Guys, Only hammo only on this forum. Last year was my 1st with LOR DC controllers with 3 x pixie16s. this year I will increase LOR with 2 more controllers of those controllers plus a mixture of the Falcon V3 and a few dumb RGB controllers...

I like the pixie 16s as they only do 100 pixels per output which fits in well with some of my display items.

Hammo

Mikehunt

New elf
Hey guys, I'm new to all this.
Have 2 x 16 Chanel lor boxes
Anyone around the Illawarra that has the same or can guide me to a first year setup?
Cheers

bbayjohn

Senior elf
Hi Mike . I'm down the coast from you, If you're ever in the area I can show you lor. Eddy is in Albion park. Maybe a few other's on the mapping page.