Local/AU Australian ZOOM help night Thursday 5th November from 7pm - 11pm

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I might poke my head in for a bit. I've had an absolutely mad year and barely made my presence known on chat or on zoom this year.
I did have 1 question and it relates to Teamviewer and Zoom. I help out a few people 1 on 1 and up until recently I'd use teamviewer as it works, allows remote control, it's free and lots of people already have it. Now it's decided that I was using it for commercial use so I removed it from my old laptop and have gone to fumbling around with Zoom when I help people out. It's not worth $AU800 a year to buy software that I use for free support. That brings me back to Zoom. Is it possible to remotely control the other persons computer and if so how as I couldn't work it out.

darylc

404 darylc not found
I might poke my head in for a bit. I've had an absolutely mad year and barely made my presence known on chat or on zoom this year.
I did have 1 question and it relates to Teamviewer and Zoom. I help out a few people 1 on 1 and up until recently I'd use teamviewer as it works, allows remote control, it's free and lots of people already have it. Now it's decided that I was using it for commercial use so I removed it from my old laptop and have gone to fumbling around with Zoom when I help people out. It's not worth $AU800 a year to buy software that I use for free support. That brings me back to Zoom. Is it possible to remotely control the other persons computer and if so how as I couldn't work it out.

Yes, you press the request control button (it's near where you find annotate when someone is screen sharing)

Reactions: AAH

bobj

New elf
I will certainly log in to learn --- Very new at this
One question I have
Setting up 6 mini trees interconnected Set up tree1 to star1 star 1 to tree 2 and so on
Testing shows RGB working fine on tree 1 and star 1 however only RG working on second tree B disappears on the second tree Any thoughts ?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I will certainly log in to learn --- Very new at this
One question I have
Setting up 6 mini trees interconnected Set up tree1 to star1 star 1 to tree 2 and so on
Testing shows RGB working fine on tree 1 and star 1 however only RG working on second tree B disappears on the second tree Any thoughts ?
Without a lot better info that sounds a lot like a power loss issue to me. If you create a sequence and light up the trees from the end of the string and work backwards do you get some weird results with a potential latch up at the far end?

dannyWA123

New elf
Hi Guys, Just wanted to say thanks again for all the help tonight. I just had a play with the CAT cable going from the dongle to the DMX board and it looks like it is faulty, so that may be the issue. I'll swap it out and see how I go.

Cheers All,

Dan

Dez

Fueled by Christmas - Inspired by You!
Just wanted to thank everyone for helping out tonight! I think I learnt more in a few hours than I learnt in the last 4 months. Zoom sessions are great and we should have more of them. I understand they take a bit of organising though. Thanks again!

Albrador

New elf
thanks for all your help, you boys are absolute legends :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Snitz87

Lights on Temira
Generous elf
Thanks to all the guys on the zoom tonight who help me and everyone else out today. Really appreciate all the help you gave in getting all of our lights up and running correctly.

Katekate

Senior elf

you can do it over Zoom by requesting control, but if you are loooking for more of a Teamviewer replacement try Anydesk.

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Just wanted to thank everyone for helping out tonight! I think I learnt more in a few hours than I learnt in the last 4 months. Zoom sessions are great and we should have more of them. I understand they take a bit of organising though. Thanks again!
Great to hear you've made progress. Don't forget that the normal zoom room is available 24/7. During the day the US guys are in there, but they still know the same stuff we do. In the evenings the US clears out and it's mainly AUS/NZ in there. Even if only 1 person is there, they could still help so don't be affraid to ask.

Reactions: Dez