Automatic lyric track alignment

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Trying this out for the first time. Does it normally take over 30 minutes for 3 a minute song? I'm at just over 30 minutes and still not finished processing it for me to download the file. (Tried twice now with long waits)
No, I've done 4 songs now, each one takes about as long as the song is. I've used mps, are you using youtube?

I've also attached a sequence (Thunderstruck. Sequence from the shared google drive), it has 2 lyric timing tracks, the raw and my corrected one. This is just so people who might be interested, can see a "before and after". My corrected one may not be 100% perfect to some people but good enough for this test.

• results_lyrix_thunderstruck which is the raw timing from https://autolyrixalign.hltnus.org/
  • thunderstruck my modified/corrected timing track
  • chorus additional track for the chorus lines, this was fairly easy to add as most of the words were in the original raw track

As you can see lyrix is not perfect, but it only took me about 2 hours to do the corrected one, usually would take me at least 10 hours, The la la las weren't in the lyrics txt I uploaded so had to add them and that took a while.

As I think I've mentioned earlier, for songs like Thunderstruck where there's basically only 1 singer with occasional chorus, lyrix works reasonably well. I think it would struggle with a song with lots of singers layering over each other.

Attachments

• AC DC - Thunderstruck.zip
    4.8 MB · Views: 11

Joshaaye

Hoping that everything still works..
Can confirm this was operator error haha. Somehow I deleted my lyrics from inside my file and saved over it. So I was trying to tell it to add lyrics from a file with no lyrics. It then took about 3 minutes when I noticed this haha. There goes an hour of my life I'll never get back hahaha

morry

New elf
I must be doing something wrong the whole song came in as one phrase? cut and pasted lyrics from website

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I must be doing something wrong the whole song came in as one phrase? cut and pasted lyrics from website
Can you paste some screenshots of what you got and what you are working with as far as lyrics. The lyrics should be plain text but some sites can be a bit shifty and can inside unicode characters or similar to stop people copy and pasting.

morry

New elf
OK I got lyrics align to work have to wait for the second download even though the lyrics come in as one phrase the words and phonemes are better

Reactions: AAH

Jase

New elf
Trying this out for the first time. Does it normally take over 30 minutes for 3 a minute song? I'm at just over 30 minutes and still not finished processing it for me to download the file. (Tried twice now with long waits)
Lots of people are probably queuing their halloween songs at the moment so that might slow it down.