Baldrick Firmware 2.2

domhodgson

New elf
Community project designer
New Firmware Release! 2.2 (Affects DMX, 8 & Switchy)
  • BaldrickDMX added to Baldrick8 button options, PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A FLAME CANNON GO OFF AT THE TOUCH OF A BALDRICK8 BUTTON.. JUST BECAUSE YOU CAN DOESN'T MEAN YOU SHOULD
  • Websockets in UI - Faster, more responsive UI that uses less controller resource, plus it's a fun word to say... Websockets..
  • Crashdumps - the board will now send us a small error log when you break it... because as we all know snitches use switches.
  • Presets added to BaldrickDMX, Mark Mode coming soon..

Websockets in UI - Faster, more responsive UI that uses less controller resource, plus it's a fun word to say... Websockets..
They certainly are a great way too speed up an app.
Did this get tested through FPP proxy? WLED has/had issues with the way they used them, they can be finniky sometimes

Did this get tested through FPP proxy? WLED has/had issues with the way they used them, they can be finniky sometimes
Hmm that's a great question, let me ask our testing team to see if they've had any issues with that

New Firmware Release 2.2.1
- Turns out FPP Proxy didn't like our Websockets implementation, so we've worked around it (and submitted slight tweak to FPP which should make them (and other websockets) friends
- Sometimes the Baldrick8 got a bit upset when it couldn't detect the internet, we put it in the naughty corner and told it to learn to stand up on it's own 8 ports..
- Rob Milton broke the UI when editing models, I don't know why he just doesn't edit the models in xLights like everyone else but I guess we should fix it.

Back