BBB + HE123 vs Other Controllers

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Only if you choose to copy it there after doing the install, which it is warned against doing where the button is to do it.
If you build the SD card on a PC etc, and drop it into the BBB, it'll run from the SD card until told otherwise.
when you first boot up with a freash sd card in a bbb, it loads up, (then asks to expand, instead of expanding, you go install to emmc)
then the sd card is only for data

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Interesting @SmartAlecLights - The two installs I've just done it was an explicit task to engage the eMMC, and it was booting always from the SD until this was clicked.
Maybe a change in 5.x?

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
Interesting @SmartAlecLights - The two installs I've just done it was an explicit task to engage the eMMC, and it was booting always from the SD until this was clicked.
Maybe a change in 5.x?
been like than since like forever.. ver 3.4 or earlyer..
then i use the bbb ffpos files, when i did the update to v5.2.. an it installed and updated the emmc

On the full BeagleBones, if you would like to run FPP from the eMMC, you need to flash the image there. To do so, go to the Settings -> Advanced Settings and hit the Flash to eMMC button. Then wait a LONG LONG time. It can easily take 30-45 minutes to copy everything over. It should shut down automatically when done. Remove the SD card and re-power on the Beaglebone. That should have you running off the eMMC.
https://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/topic,9372.0.html <-- from this link as my backup source of info..

Last edited:

Grievous8

New elf
You didn't accidentally remove the memory card while the BBB was powered on did you? I did that (silly design flaw where you squeeze it and it clicks out unlike on the pi) that will probably corrupt fpp requiring a fresh install
I have started again thought I had it but i can't select bridge mode now and all the you tube videos are old versions

Attachments

• 20220208_145829.jpg
    20220208_145829.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
  • 20220208_145810.jpg
    20220208_145810.jpg
    907.5 KB · Views: 10

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
You dont need bridge mode anymore. It doesn't exist- rather, it's always active, and any received data will take precedence over the sequence playing.
If you're sending E1.31, then set it up as an input on the Channel Inputs page. If you're using DDP, just tick the enable box on the channel inputs page.

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
The bridge mode manual setting was made redundant in V5. E1.31 data takes priority over whatever is running by default with V5, e.g you can play a sequence stand-alone but as soon as you send data to the player, it will stop the sequence and play the data being received. . There is an option in the FPP settings to disable this function.

Grievous8

New elf
Thanks guys after much fine tuning i got it going and test mode worked, i took it to garage to run a sequence on spiral tree and now BBB won't power on. Ahhhhhh lol