Beaglebone Green - any interest

Add BBG to my store?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Due to the apparent worldwide shortage of the Beaglebone Black and the slightly reduced cost of the BBG I've been debating on stocking the BBG in my web store. In the past Element14 has been able to supply overnight. For the last month they've had no Aus stock. This is meant to change mid March.
From what I've read it will do most of what the BBB does with FPP. The main difference is that it drops the HDMI port in favour of some grove connectors. It's also possible that it may not support the TinyRTC real time clock as used on my Octoscrolla.
Currently the BBB is $AU78 on my site.
I would expect that I would have the BBG on my site for $AU65 depending on Aussie dollar variations and possibly freight.

https://www.seeedstudio.com/SeeedStudio-BeagleBone-Green-p-2504.html

dkulp

Full time elf
The BBG should work fine for the Octo's. The BBGW, however, will not work at all with your Octoscrolla's.
One other thing that changed is they switched to a MicroUSB connector instead of the MiniUSB. Other than that, it should be pretty much identical from an FPP perspective.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The BBG should work fine for the Octo's. The BBGW, however, will not work at all with your Octoscrolla's.
One other thing that changed is they switched to a MicroUSB connector instead of the MiniUSB. Other than that, it should be pretty much identical from an FPP perspective.
Thanks Dan.
I am not a fan of wireless for controlling Xmas lights as it's such an electrically noisy environment. Trying to use wireless is just asking for trouble imho.