BigW lights at Boxing Day Sales

daunce

Full time elf
I was at Eastland BigW before 8am this morning, and ALL light strings were gone.

Called up Forrest Hill, and they were out too.

Prices were supposed to be half price (~$10).

The sales assistant said they have a sale the other day with 30% off lights, so looks like most of them went in that.

Might pay to call up the store before you go in.

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
there was'nt much there for the 30% off, i got 2 packets in adelaide elizabeth, but i reckon all would have disappeared, unless they bring out the 10+ dogie sets i returned

aussiexmas

Sinnamon Lights
I checked 5 of our local Big W stores more than a week before Christmas and there was not 1 starter pack or extension of any colour in any of the stores. I was looking for some specific colours for a 2011 project. I did end up picking up enough at Big W on line to do the project, but this was while the lights were still at full price. They were also not the colours I was after but I did get blue and white.

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Fountain Gate VIC had none this morning - depressing have to wait till October again

Silvo

New elf
online has blue and multi in 200 led strings in stock - no other colours.

they also have some multi 100 strings.

nothing else though.

dan

artzy

artzy-Noble Christmas
most retailers are expected to have sold at least 90% of their Christmas stock prior to 20/12, allowing for some slight discounting up to 24/12 when all but a few pieces should be left. The days of Boxing day sales for Christmas lights through chain stores are gone for a few years at least

Mike

CLAP infected!
pretty much everythings gone near me. Was trying to pick up some more of this years redsfor some more arches for next year. hope they are the same next year, or at least the colour.

wjohn

Apprentice elf
buying on line was easy. While the selection was very limited, 9.96 for a 200 starter pack was a good buy.

i picked up 10 packs of Mult for the roof. We split them Red/Green on on channel and Blue/Yellow on the 2nd channel. Give a nice effect.

fj

Apprentice elf
on boxing day i went to two different Kmarts and Targets and had no luck. Target had no lights left at all, Kmart had lots of low light count solar lights but nothing decent. I also went to my local Bunnings store as well because they had a good supply of those connectable rope lights but they had no Xmas stock out at all. Could not find a single thing in Bunnings to do with Xmas.