Brackets for mounting two power supplies flat one on top of the other

janastas

Full time elf
Morning all,

I know I've seen some posts on the forums somwhere but can't find them.

I'm looking for a mounting bracket to stack one power supply on top of the other within an ABS box.

I know there's the mounting brackets for a single meanwell dc power supply but was wondering if i could get some direction to stack one on top of the other, obviously with enough spacing between the two.

Thanks

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
These are the ones i quickly designed in tinkercad and 3D printed

View: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9eg6hhrq6ardx3f/Photo%207-1-19%2C%203%2028%2022%20pm.jpg?dl=0

Here are the files if it helps (note one of them the hole doesnt print from memory, but you can simply drill this one).

Domestos

Apprentice elf
Noob question, how much does 3D printing generally cost? And I know this is a wide open ended question but I am very curious. Example, how much would the above mentioned brackets for the mean-well PSU's cost to print at a shop?

The reason I am asking is I just got a quote from a 3D printing shop, as I am looking at printing a couple of mounts for my PPD Geowreath, and They charged $193 for the 3 X mounts, and I have 2 wreaths. So that is a total of just shy of $400 for a once off project.

Considering I can get the Ender 3 V2 for about the same price, should I bite the bullet, get the 3D printer, and learn another new hobby on top of an already expensive hobby?

Thoughts?

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
Sounds expensive @Domestos Was just googling and found a few companies in my area that do it, one charges $10/hour (not sure how long a print takes though) and Core Electronics charge flat rate $9.95 for prints < 200gm and $34.95 for models <1000gm (not sure how much your models weigh)

Domestos

Apprentice elf
That is pretty much the conclusion I am coming to as well. Might consider importing the mounts from inspire light shows. Their mounts are $40 US, not sure of shipping though...

LawrenceDriveLights

Senior elf
I would personally just mount the props using some aluminium angle and the use of bolts and a 30mm length of conduit as a spacer at the back to allow room for the pixel wiring etc. Also be aware most of the USA prop mounting solutions USA EMT which can be a different size to what we can obtain in similar pipe in Aus.

Don't get me wrong, the ability to print 3D brackets / mounts etc is great, which i do with out little Ender 3, just be aware its another thing to learn and can take some time to get your prints "dialled in".

Last edited:

Domestos

Apprentice elf
Thanx LDL - Love your work. I've learned a tremendous amount in this hobby by watching your builds.

james_o100

New elf
Noob question, how much does 3D printing generally cost? And I know this is a wide open ended question but I am very curious. Example, how much would the above mentioned brackets for the mean-well PSU's cost to print at a shop?

The reason I am asking is I just got a quote from a 3D printing shop, as I am looking at printing a couple of mounts for my PPD Geowreath, and They charged $193 for the 3 X mounts, and I have 2 wreaths. So that is a total of just shy of $400 for a once off project.

Considering I can get the Ender 3 V2 for about the same price, should I bite the bullet, get the 3D printer, and learn another new hobby on top of an already expensive hobby?

Thoughts?

Hey @Domestos - do you have an existing design that you want printed, or was it a concept that was to be created and printed?

If there is an existing STL for the brackets or mounts, send it to me, and I will give you a quote :)

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
I laser cut a few brackets in 3, 4 and 6mm acrylic and they worked really well last year in a few boxes.

IMG_8418.jpg