BTF Lighting

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
How do you connect 4 wires of ws2815 to falcon controller?
The current F16v3 allows for 4 wire pixels, (power, data and clock). Newer versions of the controllers will discontinue this clock output.

But I have a sneaking suspicion the WSXXXX family doesn't use clock...
and look who posts just a few moments latter with my suspicion.
The fourth wire is a backup and for the 1st pixel the BI wire is typically connected to GND.
They can be run as 3 wire pixels.

Jon_101

Apprentice elf
The current F16v3 allows for 4 wire pixels, (power, data and clock). Newer versions of the controllers will discontinue this clock output.

But I have a sneaking suspicion the WSXXXX family doesn't use clock...
and look who posts just a few moments latter with my suspicion.

They can be run as 3 wire pixels.
By doing that, I think you are converting ws2815 back to ws2811 and loosing the benefit of having the whole string lit after one pixel failed ( just my thought and I might be 100%wrong).

Jon_101

Apprentice elf
I bought about 70m of them last August, used them for halloween and didnt take them off in the Western Australian sun, over several 40C summer days. No issues with the strips. I used the non-bright version and they were sufficiently bright. Their power supplies are reliable too.
Thanks for your reply, just a question. Did you use the same brand shown in the image that I posted?

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
I'm not an expert - but I have some sk6812 (ip65) and ws211b (ip30) strip from BTF and it arrived in good condition and all seems to work well. Haven't used it for extended periods though yet.

Jon_101

Apprentice elf
Sorry, overlapped post. The fourth wire is a backup and for the 1st pixel the BIN wire is typically connected to GND.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210412-182516_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210412-182516_Chrome.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 17