Can i follow this vid as a network guide for pixlite

TANSA

Sparky with Blinky Lights ;-)
Generous elf
Networking is networking with PixLite or Falcon or FPP or anything that uses IP’s.
Don’t forget to use the PixLite/Advatek program to set it up as they do not have web pages.

badger4543

Full time elf
Ah forgot about that so once the pixlite is setup via the program I can then follow this? If I'm just using a rpi and the pixlite do I still the the router/switch?

TANSA

Generous elf
Should work no problems. (Same network 192.168.0.xxx etc..)
I have always used a switch so I can jump onto both and make changes etc. Most switches these days are Gigabit so the show should not slow it down. I run everything on the same network and as my show uses unicast info goes from the Pi to the controller and not all over the network. This year I have a small gigabit switch with the Pi and 2 PixLite’s off it with a Ethernet cable back to the main switch and the unicast traffic should stay off the main switch but for the 3 channels of multicast traffic.
FPP has some good stuff on the network side as well.

badger4543

Full time elf
Awsome mate thanks for the info, just been trying to work this out in my head so I can make sure I have all the bits when it comes to the busy end of the year,

TANSA

Generous elf
It’s busy time all year.
Buy the end of the Christmas lights show you will be thinking about the next one and what to change what to add what songs to sequence.
Sorry to say but it never has a start or finish.
But you cannot wait to make smiles.

badger4543

Full time elf
Well happy to say I think I've wrapped my head around the networking side, so hopefully smooth sailing from here