Can I mute a channel in Sequence Editor?

nato595

Let's do this!
Hello all!
Wondering if there is an easy way to 'mute' or 'turn off' or 'ignore' a channel in Sequence Editor?
I found this post back from 2010, but haven't seen anything on it since then:
http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/11265-is-there-a-way-to-turn-off-certain-trackschannels-in-the-animation/

My pixel heavy groups slow down play back and are distracting in Visualizer when I'm working on other channels so I'd like to temporarily mute some channels or groups while working on others.
As somebody said in the other, old thread, just like the Mute and Solo functions in a multi-track audio software.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any genius ideas... or if you can (please, please, please) tell me this feature is already in my software!

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm assuming that you mean in the visualiser you don't want them running. I did notice the other day while fiddling it is possible to set props to a variety of levels from foreground to background and to have specific levels within those to be "played back". When I've had a similar issue I have simply deleted props from the visualiser and saved the file as a new name like "2013 house - no pixels.lee".

penguineer

Full time elf
Not sure if this helps, but you can delete a channel from a sequence - but that channel cannot be used in the sequence and anything done with that channel in the sequence will be deleted.

You can also re-order channels by dragging the buttons on the left of the grid(one at a time) - occasionally I'll do this to group channels that I'm working on together. The order in the grid doesn't affect the way they work.

I put any unused channels at the bottom of the channel list so they aren't in my way, which sounds sort of like what you want, but in my case they get dumped there and left there.

I don't know of any way to hide channels temporarily though - I don't think LOR really supports large channel counts(it does, but the ergonomics aren't there).......

Cheers!