Candy Cane wiring

deblen

Full time elf
Hi,

I am in the process of making some candy canes, similar to the Holiday Coro.

My question is how do I number the pixels like in Xlights.

I am using 3 pixels in each segment, a total of 16 segment,s in the candy cane.

Can I number the first segment as 1 1 1, the next 2 2 2 so on

I want only each segment to display one colour at a time, using the 3 seperate pixels

Thanks in advance

Deblen

wce06

Apprentice elf
You can make them into a custom model in xLights, you then allocated numbers to each section with sub-models.

You tube is a great resource for learning sub models and creating custom models. There is also heaps of resources in the xLights facebook pages, excel templates etc.

Custom models are pretty easy to make.

deblen

Full time elf
Hi hi ace 06,

Thanks for the reply, so I make a model, with each pixel numbered, then create a sub model for each section.
Deblen

wce06

Apprentice elf
you tube and xlights support pages will explain it better.

But you create a excel spreadsheet with your model on it, numbering each pixel and ensuring it is in the same order as you have them laid out on the candy cane.
You can then paste this spreadsheet into the custom model dialogue box.
Once you have the model created you can allocate pixel ranges to the custom model, under the seb-models section i.e. pixels 1-20 are the first section of the candy cane and are red......and so on

For more details I would look at the user guides people have made about adding custom models in xLights.

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Or you can generate custom model with xlights very cool ! But you will need to set channels on controller and have them connected ready to light up . Then in xlights under tools tab select generate custom model select light type start channel and then you run and video the test pattern I just used my tablet to video and transfer to laptop then go to generate custom model again select process add your video and you can either run manual or automatic I had to do manually for reindeers as they are 3d and couldn't detect lights at rear of frames but worthwhile just clicked on each light frame by frame ! But I reckon with candy canes should be able to do automatically !

the grinch

I guess I could use a little social interaction
Also len I forgot to mention find the adelaide mini video kieth (adelaide mini2017 -xlights 4 2017.16 introduction) its all explained I did ask the question how to do my Reindeers and kieth demonstrated all the different ways of creating custom models . Roughly about 1/8 of the way into video
Goodluck mate hope it helps

tooms

12v4life
I did this at the controller, I think under Falcon's it was known as "Group" on each string, my canes were grouped into 2 pixels per segment so I just put 2 here and in Vixen I just treated it as a normal string