Christmas is over, time to tear down ... name something about your 2022 display that you liked (or plan to improve/change)

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Once my show was all turned on I could run full white no problem. It was just that initial power turning on that would trip the breaker
Stagger the power on. The inrush current of the power supplies is considerably higher than their operational current whilst they charge their capacitors. Doesn't need to be much - a second or two between each PSU being powered on.

Conrad

New elf
Stagger the power on. The inrush current of the power supplies is considerably higher than their operational current whilst they charge their capacitors. Doesn't need to be much - a second or two between each PSU being powered on.
Yeah that’s what I ended up doing

Snicko

Apprentice elf
1st Year here
6800 pixels from Light it up Leds / Etop 12 V Resistor
Only two failures.
Megatree of 4800 pixels/ 32 x 150 1" spacing was my star of the show, glad i made a winch for it. Withstood all the wild wind we had in Melbourne.

Lessons learned
- I went over the top with power! But that just makes expansion easier next year.
- HE123Mk2 is a great and versatile controller
- Paul, Alan & Troy are extremely quick at getting products out
- Drilling conduit sulcks - Start earlier in the year
- Replace my gutter conduit with Deta Trunking and magnet mounting this year.
- Silicone cable tie mounts weeks before so it has time to cure

Next Year
- P5 Matrix for times, tune to
- Wife wants some singing elements
- Add Arches & Mini Trees for some broader elements
- Id like to consider adding interactivity wether that be via a Mail Box for letters with P5 & Interactive buttons to trigger a Sequence or press for sounf.