3.x colour switched on some elements

Cootamike

New elf
I'm using Vixen 3.2.1 and have a series of WS2811 pixels in different strips (8 strips, 280 pixels in total in one string).

I have the first strip plus the third and fourth strips with the red and blue ass about, the rest are fine.

I thought it may be an element setup issue as the swap happens when the string gets to a new element but the first strip forms only half of one of the elements, the last strip forms the other half and has the correct colours.

The DA_e131 test software shows the correct colours across the entire string.

Any ideas?

scamper

Dedicated elf
I am no expert, but have been working through similar issues.
It may be an issue with your controller setup or patching.
As a dmx universe is 512 channels, but pixels are in multiples of three, you only use 510 channels in a universe.
So if you have your controller setup as 512 channels, then the pixels will change colour at the start of the next universe.
Ooorrrr... Just check that you didn't inadvertently patch the next string on the wrong channel.

But like I said, I am no expert as I am having the same sort of issues myself

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
A scamper suggested it may be the 510/512 issue that gets a lot of people.
It's likely to be either your pixel controller set to use channels 511 and 512 or else you have vixen configured to use it. A quick check is to use da_e131 to fade up channels 511 and 512. If they fade up then you may need to remove them in your pixel controller setup.

Cootamike

New elf
I'll go through my patching and have a look but i think it's going to be a filter problem maybe, the fist switch happens at channel 150 (after 50 pixels) so it isn't going to be a universe thing.

Also, there isn't any shift in what gets lit up, i.e. when i light up one of the elements in white I would expect to see a colour light up on the last pixel on the previous string or the first pixel of the next string if the channels were shifted.

scamper

Dedicated elf
If it all lights up ok in da -e131 then you will almost definitely find it is a patching issue.
Also, if the green is ok but red and blue are backwards, it sounds like with that strip you have "reverse order" ticked in the patching window.

Cootamike

New elf
SUCCESS!

I had the "swap pixels" and "swap channels" options ass about.

Thanks everyone