Computer freeze

Julie

New elf
Anyone else experiencing screen freeze or "not responding" when working in sequencing window. Running Windows ?

Kavenci

New elf
Generous elf
How powerful is your computer? What action are you doing, rendering or just simply sequencing?

Freman

Uh Oh Elf
Generous elf
I do occasionally even on my beast of a machine (I kid, it was a beast like 6+ years ago). It's better since I moved my xlights show dir off the file server and run it locally now. Most of my stalling seems to be around disk access so I can recommend making sure you're running it on a SSD or something.

Last edited:

Julie

New elf
Just sequencing but have turned off eset and that seems to have stopped the freezing. Will just keep saving. Its a pretty old 2nd computer so hope it can make it through one more xmas.

Iain

Full time elf
Just sequencing but have turned off eset and that seems to have stopped the freezing. Will just keep saving. Its a pretty old 2nd computer so hope it can make it through one more xmas.
I use a 6th gen intel with integrated graphics and ssd. Works fine. If you want to keep eset maybe just whitelist your render cache folder. Although I find defender is good enough nowadays.