Controlling falcon player GPIO events from xlights in sequence

Scott Hopkins

New elf
I have a GPIO output event to turn a light on/off set up the events on the FPP . Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 11.34.17 PM.png
When I trigger these directly in FPP it works fine.

I set up a single RBG node with a start channel of 100 and end channel in of 102.
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 11.36.36 PM.png

In the sequencer, I created a DMX start event that uses channel1:1 and channel2:1 and later have a DMX stop event that uses channel1:1 and channel2:2. I save this and upload it to FPP via FPPConnect and then play it in the control window. It doesn't trigger. I hear the music from the sequence, but the light never goes on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Scott Hopkins

New elf
I got it working, though don't know why this was the problem. I had the GPI channels defined on the Channel Outputs - Other tab on the Falcon and they were active. They were channel 1-8. I de-activated them and it seems to work now. Not sure why there was a conflict as the events control channels are 100 and 101? But anyway, the sequence from Xlights is working now. Also I needed to have Use legacy 10x multiplier for Event ID's in Control Channels checked for some reason. Both needed to be done, to make it work right.

TommyOrlando

New elf
Can you please post a screen shot of the FPP Output? I have a similar setup but can't get the &@$#*@! lights to blink through FPP.