Controlling Individual Pixels on a Sting

Nipper

New elf
Hi,

I'm pretty new to xLights and I've built a display this year that has 8 different types of pixel based LEDs, and I have produced some interesting stuff and nutted out most problems.

What I haven't figured out if how to select individual pixels of a string and then making a group out of them.

The creative director wishes me to alternate between the odd and even pixels on some of my strings and pixel based COB tape.

I look forward to hearing your ideas,

Nipper

merryoncherry

Senior elf
There is often more than one way to do anything in xLights.

In addition to @Skymaster's suggestion, I would also look into the Single Strand effect, with band size set to 1, skip size set to 1. I recommend this because then "Number of advances" will tell you how many times it will alternate in the time interval, which is sometimes a little easier to reason about than the "Speed" setting on Marquee. Then again, if you like the speed you are seeing in Marquee, it won't change as you stretch the effect to cover more or less time, and that's a better choice.

There are other ways, but if this is really the simple thing you are trying to do, those are safe bets.

Santa2

New elf
Not sure if you know this - took me a while - if you click the string name on timeline it will expand and show each node.