Different Pixel colour ordersr

mbl111

New elf
Hey guys, I'm currently in the process of testing my display elements and I've only just realized that my strips and nodes have a different colour order.
Is it possible to keep them both on the same stream of WS2811 data and somehow adjust the mapping in either my Pixlite 16 or FPP?

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
One issue I had when I was using Pixlites. Not sure if Advatek has addressed this. You can change the orientation on the model under string properties in your Xlights layout to BRG, etc.

scamper

Dedicated elf
Couldn't tell you about the pixlite, but the falcon is easy to do, you just create virtual strings and change the colour order.
I believe that you can play around in the fpp and do it, but it starts to get confusing.
another thing that is probably of no help unless you use vixen, you could patch the channels however you want, so cross them to change the colour, If you are using xlights, I am sure you can map the channels in that too, but I cannot say for sure.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
You can easily change the color order of any item in xlights. I do it here rather than in the controller, but thats a personal preference only.

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
Yes via Xlights, Easiest way i have found is to run a test sequence of all red, then all green, then all blue,

Write down what colours they actually display, and make note of it,

In xlights set it in the Layout > YOURELEMENT > String properties > String Type

Then regenerate the test sequence and run again,