differential receiver setup

bert-nc

New elf
i am trying to set up my differential receivers that will be connected to a Kulp k8-b

I have used them before with no issue, however i cannot remember a couple of settings
at present i am using them as "dumb" receivers, no daisy chaining
I have the receivers set to "0" on the rotary dial
I have the terminator switches pushed up to the "on" position
in x-lights (visualizer) i have set the smart receiver to "none:
What is the proper selection when x-lights asks for smart receiver type? falcon_v1 or fpp_v2 when using a Kulp k8-b

I am sure this has been covered somewhere before, but I am tired and just ready for it to work

thanks in advance

bert-nc

After walking away from the computer and display for awhile (went and mowed the yard) I came back,
pushed a few buttons and right now the two receivers I am testing are working

While i was mowing got to thinking that my above post sounded whiny.😫
My apologizes for that.

hope everyone is making good progress on their setup

bert-nc

What is the proper selection when x-lights asks for smart receiver type? falcon_v1 or fpp_v2 when using a Kulp k8-b
To answer the question for others reading - it doesn't matter. "None" is the best. Because you're running them in Dumb mode. That only matters when you're running in "smart" mode and chaining them.

falcon_v1 is for white receivers, with the 1-2-3 Dip switch selection, or black/blue receivers in 1-3 mode.
fpp_v2 is for the black fpp receivers (using A-F mode) or the blue falcon v4 receivers, in 3-9 mode.

while everyone is on this subject, the HE123 can have additional expansions - including a diffirential transmitter.
the recievers - are they standard, Smart v1, Smart v2 ? i have this options when setting them up in FPP ?
can i add kulp, falcon and experience recievers as well as the Hanson ones ?

while everyone is on this subject, the HE123 can have additional expansions - including a diffirential transmitter.
the recievers - are they standard, Smart v1, Smart v2 ? i have this options when setting them up in FPP ?
can i add kulp, falcon and experience recievers as well as the Hanson ones ?
The protocol depends on the receivers used.
Yes you can use all the different receivers. Note that Hanson ones are dumb-mode only, so a single receiver to a single output. The others can run in various smart modes, and so can be chained, based on their supported protocols.

The HE123 diff expansion (and HE123D) just send the pixel data out as RS485. The beagle & FPP code is what creates the different pixel data to send down the line to the receivers. The expansion board doesnt know or care about what is being sent down it.

Back