DMX on Kulp K32a-B

Kintara

New elf
I am trying DMX on the K32a-B and am unsure of quite a few things.
First off - where do I plug in to get a DMX signal? I have a CAT5 to XLR plug adaptor, but don't know how to physically connect it.
In Xlights, how do I set it up to show the PinSpot on the Kulp?
How do I configure FPP to the PinSpot?
The channels for the PinSpot are 1 - Dimmer/Strobe, 2- Red, 3 - Green, 4 - Blue, 5 - White,
To what do I set the Address on the PinSpot?
Anything else i should do?
Thanks in Advance

Rob

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
I have only just bought one of these too. I have not tried it yet but from my reading today it will be via the ttys1 and ttys2 ports
1610252831675.png

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
sorry also I dont know what pin spot is (moving head ??). But I got my moving head working in xlights and uploaded to to the controller (K8-B) controller

Kintara

New elf
Thank you. I just came to the same conclusion as to where to connect, now I'll need to work out what on the tty connects to what on the XLR plug.
I am continuing my reading.:)

Jarrad33

150k of Pixels for 2023
if you do please let me know as ill be looking to find out the same thing very soon haha

Kintara

New elf
sorry also I dont know what pin spot is (moving head ??). But I got my moving head working in xlights and uploaded to to the controller (K8-B) controller
The Pinspot I have is a RGBW 10 watt spotlight with a narrow beam. It has DMX interface (in and out) through XLR type sockets. You can think of it as a fixed position moving head.

Attachments

• Pinspot.png
    Pinspot.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 16

rvanscherpe

New elf
were you able to find the pinouts for the tty? Did you build a custom cable? I'm looking at getting a Froggy fog machine and was hoping to connect it to my k32.

luhxjoeyx

New elf
were you able to find the pinouts for the tty? Did you build a custom cable? I'm looking at getting a Froggy fog machine and was hoping to connect it to my k32.
i was trying to do the same thing did you figure it our yet!!