E1.31 support for LOR S3 from Dan Baldwin

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
From Dan Baldwin on LOR and E1.31 support
http://forums.lightorama.com/forum95/32811.html

E1.31 has been implemented and is working in a branch of the S3 software. We will release it for beta testing in about 4 weeks. The reason for the timing is that we are scheduling the release of the E1.31 software to coincide with the release of E1.31 hardware (4 port DMX gateway and Cosmic Color Matrix (CCM) a multi-port pixel controller). In the event there are delays with the hardware we will release S3 software with E1.31 support this summer.

We are not releasing any details on the new hardware at this time but I will reiterate that if we have any delays with hardware schedules we will uncouple the release of an integrated solution and release just the software support for E1.31

As far as sequencing today, you can setup your channels as DMX universe(s). If you are doing so for RGB channels this will require two steps. First create a DMX universe then convert it to RGB channels.

Best regards,
Dan
Light O Rama, Inc.

So looks very promising for those waiting on native support

kel

Dedicated elf
cheer1.gif

dmoore

Senior elf
Well that's very nice of them to confirm that information so we can all make decisions going forward. I think I'd still use xLights anyway.

Timon

Apprentice elf
It's great that LOR is adding the new E1.31 hardware but I think I'll support the guys that worked hard leading the pack that LOR is now following.

Beefer

Apprentice elf
I just don't have time to play with another solution - so I'll be sticking with LOR for a fully integrated approach. Even if the hardware is delayed, I'll be happy with the release of the e1.31 update in a few weeks to start sequencing, as we're suddenly talking about a LOT more channels to think about.........
Hopefully we'll be able to get our hands on the beta version soon.