ECG-D2 not staying on

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
i have a D2 which converts my e1.31 signals for an AVDDC48 & Ray27ch, for DC strings and dumb rgb respectively.
When my timer for the power to the show comes on a couple of minutes before the Pi kicks off the sequences in scheduler, the D2 on most occasions will be on but the network lights don't flash on output, meaning signal doesn't get through and no lights. If I power it down and re-power it while the shows running, they come to life and work for the rest of the night. Is this a setting or just luck of the draw as to if it works?

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Tried some troubleshooting last night but no result as yet.
IN testing (powered on D2 without Pi sending it data) it took 35 seconds for the green RJ45 output light to turn off, meaning it was not in a position to send data to controllers.
Yet, when it came to show time at 8pm, power came on about 5 mins prior to Pi starting FPP data and the D2 output lights stayed on and worked flawlessly. It seems to be a bit hit and miss? Is there still a setting somewhere to force it to stay open/live until data is received?

JPB

Full time elf
I have a D2 and dont have any issues with it. It is enclosed in a box so i can not see the lights but i know i can keep it powered for hours without data and it stays awake.
When i get home lateish tonight i will take a look at its settings

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Hope this helps:
[attachimg=1][attachimg=2]

Attachments

• D2 setup1.jpg
    D2 setup1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 49
  • D2 setup2.jpg
    D2 setup2.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 48

JPB

Full time elf
This is screenshots of my D2 which does not have issues.
eb10dff8977a2d46b8e960b96b8b81b7.jpg
4f340046264ad8671756d5a68b9b1516.jpg

Jon

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Not that it really should effect the operation, in theory, but you have output 2 enabled with its data coming from universe 0. As there is no universe 0 it may be worthwhile unticking the "act" for the 2nd output. I'm sure that this is covered in the manual ;)

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
My ECG-D4's do the same thing, really unreliable at best with the CCR's at the moment.

I am trying your 500ms setting now to see i it is any better.

-Blu

djgra79

Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks for the suggestions folks.
I have not changed any settings as yet, as the D2 has worked as it should the last few nights.
I'm using the "if it ain't broke..." approach for now.