exporting SEQ file from LSP to Nutcracker, multiple controllers w/ same channels

nutz4lights

Full time elf
Hey all,

After receiving a suggestion in another post to look into the Raspberry Pi for my high channel display... I am trying to convert some of my LSP sequences to FSEQ through xLights/NC XSEQ format... and I'm having some issues (the lights went all wonky and it is not xLights/NC fault... the output config is spot on as I can turn all the lights on beautifully in manual mode and NC mode).

I read in the a post or two that you should not have overlapping channels in LSP when you try to do this and I have a question regarding that... One of the things I love most about LSP is the ability to have many different layers "holding" the same controller... I also have taken advantage of the ability to have multiple controllers referencing the same channels... or at least I thought that was a capability. Does anybody else do this or am I doing something wrong? For instance: I have a dozen of these wreaths that are roughly 0.5m in diameter and they have 50 WS2811 pixels each, starting at the top and winding clock-wise through the wreath. I have one controller for let's say wreath_01 that is the entire lot of 50 pixels and in LSP I have drawn a vertical line and assigned pixel 1 through 50. I also have another set of controllers that are labelled wreath_01_left and wreath_01_right, with TWO vertical lines (the right line is drawn from top to bottom and contains pixels 1 through 25 and the left line is drawn from bottom to top containing pixels 26 through 50). This allows me to do some pretty cool effects that I couldn't do with the single wreath and single line drawing setup (again, unless someone can make a recommendation that I'm just not seeing).

Now that I type this... maybe I could just have the controller wreath_01 and then draw two lines in that controller bypassing the need to have the wreath_01, wreath_01_left, and wreath_01_right controllers which give me overlapping channels?

Anyways, I guess I'm asking... those that have done this LSP > SEQ > XL/NC > XSEQ conversion, are there any recommendations based on what I typed above?

Thank you,

-Louie

dpitts

Apprentice elf
I had many different overlapping controllers/elements in my LSP file and exported just fine with LSP 2.5. I have not used this method lately.

nutz4lights

Full time elf
The xseq played in xlights and the fseq played on pi looked identical. Maybe I should try the other conversion software I heard about?

Louie