Extension cables for fairy lights

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has seen a wholesale source of extension cables that suit the fairy and icicle etc lights from Bunnings, Big W and a fair proportion of Christmas light retail stores. The controllers appear to be used extensively all over the world and so far I haven't found a wholesale outlet/manufacturer who has them. I'm after them to make plug and play controller enclosures for my DMX2-18 and the upcoming DMX2-24/

thanks
Alan

Attachments

• 2 core pigtail.jpg
    2 core pigtail.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 10
  • Controllers.jpg
    Controllers.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 8

christmasdave

Full time elf
I know I struggled to find these last year. You could try these guys and see if they are able to help? Seems to be alot of fairy light companies but no specific wholesaler. There's also these guys too. Hopefully you can wrangle who they source their products from :)

If you do work it out, put me down for a DMX2-18 plug and play for sure!

Reactions: AAH

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
This is an interesting one.

I remember buying a 2.1mm barrel connector extension from a Kmart equivalent. The later year, no extensions where sold.
As a 10 year old; I asked and the person referred me to a stocking manager. Seems like corporate discontinued the sale of low voltage extensions. I don't know a reason.
Last I found a barrel one was 2015 under 'Mort Bay' Lighting brand. I don't know if this brand would have anything still. Seems to be an Aussie brand.

Fast forward 6 years on, I haven't found them again. In any store for sale individually.

Only time I have seen them new is inside a Bunnings Lytworx pack of lights that could be daisy chained. These where sets of 40m lights and hade a 6m extension. Purchased in December 2020.

My thought is if you were to ask for all the returned light sets containing these low voltage extension leads?
Not the ideal business trade but a start?