F48 and xLights Setup Question

nightflyer00

James
Hi Guys,

I've been trying to work out if I'm doing this right. I've watched all the videos but most of those are for F16's and with older versions of xlights so it's not entirely clear.

I've mapped out my whole display in excel and then put it all in xlights. I ended up mapping directly by channel but I don't know if that's right.

I'm using ports 1-4, 5-8, 17-20 21-24, 33-36, 37-40 outputting to 6 smart differential receivers.

I've attached screenshots of my xlights config and my excel planning document.

I've got all the controllers now but no lights yet so can't really test it. Only anomaly I've come across is when I open the visualise page my mini trees are spanning multiple channels. I'm worried I'm just doing the whole thing wrong to start with too.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
James
(nightflyer00)

Attachments

• Channel Layout.pdf
    266.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Controller Page.pdf
    218.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Excel Layout.pdf
    406.2 KB · Views: 14
  • Visualise.pdf
    160.5 KB · Views: 22

JohnsRdChristmas

Full time elf
Just use the visualiser to drag things around, on the f48, click auto layout models, auto size, allow full xlights control, and let xlights manage all the settings, simply drag everything around in visualiser to where you want it, (right click on things to change between A B C smart receivers etc) once done, upload!!

The setup process has been streamlined soo much now!

nightflyer00

James
Thanks Cathelest, I'm still struggling to work out why my 50 pixel mini trees are spreading themselves over multiple ports. This comes up in the visualiser too.

Would be great if any could give me suggestion on how to fix this.

Layout 2.jpg

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
G'day James,
Did you copy your mini trees from your mega tree or another big model? Just a wild guess but maybe you have more than 1x string in the #Strings data row?
If yours has 5 in it then change to 1
1592456464488.png

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
^ I'd say that could be the issue. Often # Strings in xlights refers to number of physical controller output connections you are planning to use.

nightflyer00

James
Yep, I've got it set to 5 strings. Changed it to 1 string with 50 nodes per string. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks so much guys.