F48 failed firmware upgrade and now wont boot

Matthew Thompson

Santa's Little Helpers
I have two F48 which were both on V2.04. Everytime they were powered down they lost all the IPP address and got stuck in the bootloading screen and never progressed. I would have to factory reset and then change IP address and reload the Input and Outputs from Xlights. Today i trued to do the firmware update. Followed the instructions and now both F48 are flashing "bootloader V2" and thats it. I can't factory reset. I cant get it to boot of the SD card. HELP!!!!!!!
Any advice would be great. I have read the user manuals and posted on the Falcon site but if ayone knows of a fix please let me know.

Last edited:

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Have you tried loading an SD card with another version of the firmware, mine's running 2.55, and insert the SD card with the f48 off and then try powering up again?

Dreamin

Full time elf
try a different (preferably new) SD Card. Make sure it's formatted. You shouldn't have to upgrade in parts, you should be able to just jump to the latest, but there might be an issue with that version, so try a slightly older one.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
No @BAZMick I just clicked the link for the latest. Is there a spot for the older versions?
Yes, click on the releases link in GitHub and you should be able to see other versions in there. I remember I did something wrong when I upgraded last year, realised I missed a step or muddled up the steps. Read the instructions twice and even three times, there's a couple of reboots and specific instance to insert and extract the SD card. Don't worry, take your time and you'll get them going again
Edit: Sorry I was thinking of FPP.

Last edited:

darylc

404 darylc not found
v2.59 is fine, just put the fl2 file on the sd card and put it in the controller then turn it on

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
I haven't got a copy, only the F16 one. If @darylc says the firmware is ok then it's ok, just take your time. If getting nowhere, leave it until tomorrow, it's amazing what some sleep can do