Falcon controlers

Stircrazy

New elf
Hi, Just looking at the falcon controlers and had a question, if you get to the size where you need two F48 controlers is it a simple process to run them togeather?

Thanks
Steve

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
Two options, buy a switch or use the integrated switch on the F48. Its as simple as connecting the second F48 to the first or use a switch and connect both F48's to it. As far as with xLights and setting up its simple

Stircrazy

New elf
Two options, buy a switch or use the integrated switch on the F48. Its as simple as connecting the second F48 to the first or use a switch and connect both F48's to it. As far as with xLights and setting up its simple
ok great, I was wondering but it seamed to easy to be true haha.

Thanks
Steve

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
The bulk of work for more than one controller is setting it up in xlights.
Add two controllers, make sure the right prop is assigned to the correct controller, and both controllers get their input/output configuration uploaded.

Hardware wise; the only thing needed is to connect both F48's to the show player (computer with xScheduler or FPP).
As Dan said; a network switch is needed, you can buy one or use the built in one F48.

The network switch is the shielded connections at the top left of the board.
This 10 seconds is the information you want:

View: https://youtu.be/fcf5U7XByfE?t=282

Jon_101

Apprentice elf
Hi everyone, I got my F16V3 controller last week and,when it's on, the "CPU Temp" is 128C. Is this normal?

Stkilda123

Apprentice elf
Is there any specific video tutorial out there that goes through the process of setting up multiple falcon contollers, can't seem to find any and will need to go in that direction next year. I've worked out this years props and have just managed to squeeze them all in, but if i get much bigger will need another controller.