Falcon F16V3 Controller and......?

Rawhead77

New elf
Hello! I have mapped out a design. I have ordered pixel strings and props. Set up an old laptop with XLights and am watching lots of instructional videos on that. But I am still very hazy about controllers and power supplies. I figure I will try to tackle controllers first because it looks like if I don't order very, very soon I probably will not be able to get anything this year.
After researching I want to get a Falcon F16V3. They have been running 1000's of displays for years and there is a ton of info/support on them. I just don't know if I need just that. I *think* I would be better off also getting a differential expansion board and some smart receivers, but again, I'm hazy.
So I am asking for ideas/suggestions.....what do people with WAY more experience suggest? Also if anyone thinks this is too ambitious for a noob, please let me know.

The set up:

The House features:

Each vertical will have 88 pixels each x 2 = 176 pixels

The roofline will have 125 pixels

Each window will have 86 pixels each x 9 = 774 pixels

Door outline will have 100 pixels

Props:

Boscoyo mini trees w/stars will have 100 pixels each x 8 =800 pixels

Boscoyo singing tree will have 252 pixels

Boscoyo singing bulbs will have 143 pixels each x 2 = 286 pixels

Boscoyo spinners (the red circles) will have 193 pixels each x 2 = 386 pixels

Boscoyo Chromaflakes (represented by the stars) will have 48 pixels each x 4 = 192 pixels

TOTAL PIXELS = 3091House X-mas Design.jpg

uncledan

Senior elf
Generous elf
I would say this is WAY too ambitious for this time of year with no product in hand with some learning to do. Just getting a controller will be difficult before the end of the month

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
It looks like you've got a good setup in mind.
The controller you've also got your eye on will be more than capable of running all the pixels you've planned for plus a lot more in the future.

If it was me running this, I would possibly have the controller located centrally as possible to eliminate long cable runs, you may need to use null pixels/F-Amps in this setup. I would group the mini trees on one output and daisy chain them together in groups of 400 pixels each - 2 outputs used

The windows on the left side would be one output, the windows on the right side would be another
If there is space on the windows port for each side, I would attach the stars to those

The big house outline I would have as one output and do the same for the door

Two circles and top center window for another output

You might get away with the two bulbs on one output

And finally the tree on another output.

This is achievable with both a standard board with the pixels coming directly out, and differential recievers as you can have them right next to the board if required, or far away to eliminate the need for long cables.

You will require a fair amount of power injection in props that are daisy chained together if you plan to run at 100% brightness. If you plan for a lower max brightness, e.g 50%, power injection every approx 150th pixel is more than enough, the start/end of props is also a good point to inject if you don't want to inject mid-prop (large props will require this on occasion)

As for having a display this large set up and running in just under a month, I wish you good luck as there is a fair bit of wiring to be done here, that is if the pixels arrive fast!

Rawhead77

New elf
Thank you for the feedback so far! I will now look up F-amps
I have a feeling that I am shooting for the stars with this late start/lack of knowledge. But if not this year, then next!

Rawhead77

New elf
That sounds doable. Dip my toe, but with enough things to get movement and experience