Falcon in player mode fails during playback

BluePat

New elf
Hoping someone can help shed some light on my issue.

I am running a Falcon f16v4 in player mode and running my show directly from it.
It all seemed to be going well for a short time then one day the show locked up/froze and the web interface displayed a "failed to read fseq" error.
I had to turn controller on and off and it started to play correctly again then it did it again on a different sequence, turned on and off and it was all good for a while.
last night it did it once. today I ran it for about three hours and all was good. turned it off for a bit then shortly after I turned it on again it did it again, and has done it several more times tonight, all on different sequences and seemingly random intervals.

I'm thinking (hoping) it could just be a flaky card and will try a new one tomorrow.
Any thoughts on what else it could be would be appreciated.

Does anyone have any similar issues running from a raspberry PI?

heathbarj

New elf

I just had the same issue,​

I checked the debug code from the controller,
00159386 2407b9a8 HTTP Connection FSEQ File Open: TRUNK OR TREAT GOLD.fseq
000159389 2407b9a8 HTTP Connection Frame MS: 25, Frames: 9875, Frame Size: 2584, Header Length: 2208
000159389 2407b9a8 HTTP Connection V2 Format.
000159389 2407b9a8 HTTP Connection Sparse Ranges: 0
000159389 2407b9a8 HTTP Connection Unsupported FSEQ format - V2 ZSTD.
000159389 2407b9a8 HTTP Connection Closing FSEQ TRUNK OR TREAT GOLD.fseq.
000159390 2407b9a8 HTTP Connection FSEQ File Closed.

Then I read Page 120 in the Manual
  1. FSEQ files​

The FSEQ sequence files must be in one of the following versions:
  • FSEQ - V1
  • FSEQ - V2 Uncompressed
  • FSEQ - V2 ZLIB

The FSEQ - V2 ZSTD is NOT supported.

If a non-supported file type is uploaded, an error message will be displayed and the upload will fail.

The ability to change the FSEQ type should be able to be changed in your sequencing software. The F16v4 does not have the ability to convert the FSEQ type.

The same FSEQ file must be loaded onto ALL controllers being used together in Player, Master, and Remote Modes. This is due to the fact that the data for each is not sent across the network, only “sync packets” telling each controller which portion of the sequence to play. If the FSEQ is not uploaded to a controller or has a different filename, it will not play.

BluePat

New elf
Thanks Heathbarj

I can upload the file, came across the various versions when first uploading and sorted that out. The fault now is whilst actually playing a show.
I will recheck the file type and also look in the manual about using the debug feature.
I updated the firmware last night and it ran for 1.5 hours without issue (then I went to bed) am running it again this morning hopefully it has resolved.

thewanderingpine

Full time elf
Hopefully the new firmware sorts it out. I had a similar issue at the start of September (when my FPP pi had died and I needed to get some Blinky going straight away).
Good to hear your show Is basically fully up and going now @BluePat

BluePat

New elf
Hopefully the new firmware sorts it out. I had a similar issue at the start of September (when my FPP pi had died and I needed to get some Blinky going straight away).
Good to hear your show Is basically fully up and going now @BluePat
thanks, how did you sort out your issues?

BluePat

New elf
Thats it im throwing in the towel!!
Bought a new card, installed uploaded sequences, and ran a 30 minute playlist on loop last night for nearly three hours!! woohoo
ran it tonight played the playlist once, then pooped itself halfway through first song on second loop. DOH!!!

Im ordering a PI.