Answered Falcon IP address

burto51

Full time elf
Have new controller from the bulk buy this year, still in the box could stay that way for a while. The question is how do you find the IP address of the controller to input in the system page of Xlights, one answer was that you make it up by sourcing the IP address of your computer and then changing the last 2 digits, however having just watched the video on firing up the Falcon for the first time, they said that if your computer and controller were connected, you could source the controller's "page" where all sorts of info was available, including the controllers IP address. So would be the address you made up or what. Confused ? I am

Thanks in advance for any replies
Greg

burto51

Full time elf
Yes, that's what they said on the video, have a F16V3, so you don't make up your own ?? Different to what I was told.
Thanks
Brad

Derf

am now a 5v hypocrite
You can make your own if you would like. There are 2 types. Static Ip is when you set its ip address. E.g 192.168.1.5 and the second option is DHCP which is default out of the box function. When you plug the falcon into your router it asks your router "hey im new can I have a unquie identifier so you know its me" (ip address). So your router will see which ip is free. Which might be 192.168.1.20 the falcon says okay ill use that thanks. This is then displayed on the screen on the falcon.

You can check your falcon and type the numbers into your browser in the address bar which will load the web config page. In there you can change it from dhcp or static.

If you have it plugged directly into a computer you need to assign a ip address to both the pc and falcon.

burto51

Full time elf
Well, that's answered the question, thanks for that, will see how it goes when I take that next step.

Thanks
Greg