Falcon PI - random flickers of all lights - cured???

damo1271

Full time elf
I am using Falcon Pi player having converted/imported sequences from Vixen3. I am using Mp3 music files on the Pi. Sequences are converted at 50ms.

What I am seeing during the show playback is that the entire display will flash monetarily at various points in the sequence. The flicker lights up all elements attached to every ECGP2, ECGP12, Arduino and Renard controller I have.
Therefore it would appear to be something related to E1.31 or the Pi player itself. (or possibly even the vixen3 conversion??) I am assuming for the moment it might be noise related so I will start working to reduce possible noise sources.

Has anyone experienced this, and are there any other suggestions for causes/fixes for this random flicker.

buzzdude

Full time elf
Re: Falcon PI - random flickers of all lights

I had a random flicker over P8 and 2 x e682, when running one board in multicast and others in unicast. Running all in unicast fixed the problem.

battle79

Full time elf

I run all unicast and can't say I've had that problem. Got plenty of others, but not that one. LOL

Mine is a trace of a flicker of red and less commonly multi colour through some of the faster moving effects, both nutcracker and normal ones. Seems to mostly effect the mega tree, but sometimes also the matrix.

Cheers,
Rowan

damo1271

Full time elf

I run everything in unicast!
I moved all the network equipment away from the power lines, etc and that didn't help at all.
I am now suspecting it is a vixen3 conversion problem, since I noticed the flickers appear in the same place in one of the songs. I'll try looking at some others and see if they continue in the same spot.

damo1271

Full time elf
I may have found the cure. I was exporting from vixen 3 with the outputs disabled. The problem seems to stop when output are enabled while the export is done. I will check further tomorrow but so far so good for two songs.