Fings Singing Faces

Babybear

New elf
For the lights I'm using the rolls of ws2811strip leds They start out as the 5 meter rolls. 50 nodes, 300 LEDs, I'm using 3 rolls here and yes a lot of soldering. I have to watch my money as its tight so at 15.00 us dollars each and 2 sheets of coro 12.00 each I'm down there. I slip the strips out of their covers, 2 sided tape,and when finish seal them with a polyurethane. You are right the Candles were Fasteddy See I'm a hands on person I love to create, not to buy off the shelf. The only software I have and will use is Xlights/NC The other I will use is Patrick as I have 2 mege trees. This should be fun as they will narrate my display. A world apart but next door neighbors.......

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Fing said:
Hi Everyone,
Here is the artwork for Bruno and Patrick
I mounted my coro ( 1200 x 900) to the wall, then used a projector to display the image, which allowed me to adjust it for size. particularly the eyes, ears and mouth to allow the led pixel modules to fit.....
Then I traced it out in my bestest handwriting. Checked that the modules would fit then cut it out.

Hi Fing. So does this mean each face is 1200 high or did you manage to scale them down a little? What was the overall height of your faces, based on getting all nodes in place nicely? I've bought the nodes, just need the coro now!

Fing

Full time elf
Generous elf
djgra79 said:
Hi Fing. So does this mean each face is 1200 high or did you manage to scale them down a little? What was the overall height of your faces, based on getting all nodes in place nicely? I've bought the nodes, just need the coro now!

hi, i scaled them so the mouths were about the same size. Bruno is about 1200H, 760 across the ears and 880 across the antlers

patrick is 900 w and 950 H

I would try to use 3mm coro for the eyes and mouth walls. let me know how it goes

YMMV
cheers
Fing