FPP Networking

Hoogieburner2

New elf
I have set up a FPP and F16V4 and connected them directly to the router with static ip assigned to each.
My question is this:
When i am trying to access to the FPP with laptop that is on a 5GHz network......the same network the Pi and Controller is on......why does it not work?
If i switch the laptop to 2.4Ghz i have no issues!
Why is there a problem if the laptop is talking to the modem/router which in turn goes to the Pi and Controller?

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
Something to do with the wifi hardware/firmware in older tech devices. I have a Tablet (only 2-3years old) that won't function on 5GHz, but will run happily on 2.4GHz

Hoogieburner2

New elf
I am probably not wording this correct....
FPP hardwired to router, static ip address assigned
trying to access with a laptop on 5Ghz band....no work
trying to access with same laptop on 2.4GHz band....it works
What I do not understand is why it works when the laptop is on 2.4GHZ if the FPP is hardwired in?

BBQNinja

New elf
Sounds like your firewall is separating the 2 SSIDs. I have seen issues where the 2 and 5GHz have the same SSID, when in fact they are different connections.
It is unusual for the router to isolate them, but could happen.
Can you do an ipconfig to see if your laptop can see the controller. Ping your controller and let us know the result.
Can you rename the 5GHz one and connect your laptop to it and see if it works?

Hoogieburner2

New elf
Will see what i can come up with but this gives me a start......This is actually on a new system that i installed in a buddies house. ....perhaps an update to the modem/router is required.
Will update as I can in this busy holiday lighting season.
Thanks for the reply!