FPPD is not running

rob3

New elf
Hi, hopefully an easy fix. I have a HE123mk2 with BBG. Im trying to run an xLights schedule on it. I have followed all the steps to set it up but when I plug it all in it comes up with ‘No Network FPPD is not running’.

Any suggestions?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Ok that's interesting, no network kinda contradicts the fact you can get to the Web interface to see the message.
What version of FPP?
Can you post a screenshot of the issue?

rob3

New elf
The message is showing up on the OLED display on the HE123. I have no internet connected as I want it to be a standalone player.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Right - so you still need a network connection to be able to set it up and upload the sequences from xLights.
It'll also allow you to log in and look at the logs as to why FPPD isn't running.

5.0 is pretty old. - has this one ever run before? Or a brand new one?

rob3

New elf
I have logged into FPP with the usb connection to the BBG. I have followed the config instructions and uploaded the sequence. I didnt know about the logs. I will connect it back up to the computer and check them out.

Its brand new

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
Ok, did you end up buying a license for the channel outs to use Version 6.x?

If so, grab the 6.3 release here:

If not, grab the latest 5.5 release here:

Burn that to the SD card and plug it into the BBG.
Plug the BBG into your home network.
Once it's all up and connected, you can access the web page with http://fpp.local/

From there you can set it up.
You will probably be best using xLIghts to push the configuration and upload the sequences to it - that way it's all good to go.
Also, you'll probably want to set the time (and have a battery installed on the HE123)- otherwise you wont be able to schedule anything to a time.

Consider only disconnecting from your network once everything is up and running and working the way you want it to. It'll make your life 100 times easier.

rob3

New elf
I havent paid for the licenses. I didnt realise 5.5 was the latest without paying, I will download and give it a try.

Does the BBG need to be connected via my network to setup or can it be configured (as I have been doing) via the USB cord and login via IP address 192.168.7.2?

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
It's not impossible to do it that way, but just requires a bit more thought in xLights etc when setting it up to make sure you know what's going on.