G'day from Brisbane

TheAussieTim

New elf
Hey, I'm Tim, and don't mind me, I'm just falling down another rabbit hole over here.

We've been in this house now for 12 months and it's the first year I've put a few lights out on the front, but just simple 'smart' bulbs from Bunnings. And it got me thinking about how cool it would be to put together some more intentional lights for this place for next year. And, well, here I am.

I'm thinking a tree in the front grass, the uprights beside the garage door covered, guttering and A frame roof sections of the front facade... I also would like to see how awesome (or rediculously impossible or expensive perhaps) it would be to mount custom sized pixel panels to each horizontal panel of the garage door, but have it so it can still open up and down again for functional garage use during the day. I'm guessing it would then turn the entire garage door into basically a large low res display? Or at the very least a flat panel for pattern sequences.

Either this will come to fruition and it'd be frigging amazing, or I'll come back to this post and laugh at how impractical it all is. We'll see.

Anyways, hello, hope to stick around. Cheers!

Welcome to ACL Tim. Make sure to download the 101 manual to get a good basic understanding of all the different elements of the hobby.

The garage idea has been achieved with various success before, may depend on the type of materials you have to use, but will all that extra weight of pixels, hardware and cabling, the factory motor may not lift the door on its own.

Back