G'day From Sunny Geelong

Ashley Walters

New elf
Hi Everyone,

Long time reader and what a resource for completing my very first (small) Christmas light display last year using 2 Arduino's, Vixen, a few relay boards and a heap of Bunnings lights. Worked well for what it was but this year hoping to improve.

So far have invested in a Streaming E1.31 Unicast Wireless WS2811 Pixel controller, a Hanson Electronics DC2 dimmer board (hoping to control all those Bunnings 2 channel lights from last year) and some new props. Going to build some leaping arches and also add a pixel grid which I have already built and have working. I use Vixen to control my display as for me it seems like a very intuitive piece of software.

My plans so far are working well, but having some issues with the DC2 dimmer board. So going to have a read of the 101 manual and see if there is info in there that I may not know yet and probably get in contact Hanson Electronics if I cannot work it out...

Always learning.

I'm sure there will be further posts from me.

Thanks to all that have provided information on this forum so far, I have certainly got a lot out of it and it brought to life a 10 year plan of having an animated Christmas light show.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
/me hides
Just kidding. Welcome to ACL.
The 101, ACL chat and yours truly are all resources that come in handy at this time of year. 1 of those 3 can be a bit hard to get sense from this late in the year though :D

Ashley Walters

New elf
Haha, no problems Alan.

Thankfully, your electronics seem fine. Looks like it was my cheap Wifi Pixel Controller....

Lesson learned.... The hard way!

Now back to the build! The clock is ticking...:)