G'day Mike here from Brisbane Australia.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
My first year at attempting a Pixel light display for Christmas. Yes I know it's quite late but I'm not going have high expectations this year and I haven't bought that much.
I got a Falcon F48 Differential Controller with 8x Smart Receivers, 2000x pixels running from a RPi3B+ with FPP installed and xLights as the sequencing software. Last Sunday my wife and daughter left me alone for the day and I managed to get 400x pixels running a basic sequence. Big learning curve! It just amazed me as I was watching all those lights blinking and changing colours the effort and brains that have gone into developing these systems so that complete novices like me can share and enjoy programmable blinking lights with our family, friends, and neighbours. Thank you to those people and thank you to the Christmas light community. It's going to be fun.
Cheers Mike

bpratt

Senior elf
Hi Mike,
Welcome to the community.

This is my first year at sequencing too, and it's been a steep curve for me too, but I'm starting to learn things with xLights, and making sense of how to do things.

Got some of my props up now, including my 6m megatree down here in Jimboomba.

BAZMick

Full time elf
Generous elf
G'day bpratt,
Thanks for the welcome.
6m tree!? I'll be able to see that from my place at Forest Lake!
Yes xLights looks quite a daunting project in itself. I've set up the house layout now, next I'll work out what my universes will be, then grouping. I'm hoping I can make it work with only half of the outputs on the F48 Controller.
Cheers Mike