G'day

Mr_Raditch

New elf
Hi Everyone. My name's Luke, I'm from Port Macquarie NSW. I really wish I had found this forum about 3 months ago as I still would have had time to build a mega tree for this Christmas. Unfortunately I didn't & I'm now resigned to going without for this year. However I've got plenty of time to prepare for next year now. This Christmas I'll just have to make do with my usual store bought display.

Welcome to ACL!

wish I had found this forum about 3 months ago as I still would have had time to build a mega tree for this Christmas.
Great sign that you've understood the scope of putting on a large light display.
I'm not saying that I'm glad you're not doing a mega tree, I'm glad you've stepped back and realised how big of a job it is for the time remaining.
This time of year is busy with people wanting to build huge props with 3 weeks before December.

I will admit that I'm guilty this year for slacking off.... my order of pixels was late and I'm paying the price for it not being delivered yet.

As my usual mention; read through the 101 manual and ask questions. The live chat and Zoom room usually have people available.
Keep your positive spirit up! Next season is almost 360 days away, plenty of time to build a mega tree right so it lasts!

Welcome to ACL. You may be able to get some small props up and running, if you can secure the parts in time (particularly pixels, power supplies and controllers) but if not, no problem, its more time to read and research and ask lots of questions so that you don't buy equipment you actually don't want/need.

Back