Answered GE Singing Tree change colours

JordoLights

New elf
Hello all, I have a GE Xmas Tree 30" with bow. It seems that the outline, bow, mouth, and eye colours are all locked in and can't be changed when you tick the colours in the colour palette. The outline always stays green, bow purple, mouth white, eyes blue.

With my Boscoyo singing bulb, when I tick different colours in the colour palette, the outline, mouth, eyes, etc. change colours.

So was just wondering why it doesn't work with the GE model. Can someone please shed some light? Thanks.

merryoncherry

Senior elf
I see the thread is marked solved, but in case someone else comes along and wonders what the solution was, thought I'd post something.

FaceForceCustomColors.png

When a face definition has "force custom colors" checked, it uses those colors, rather than the palette. If you like this behavior most of the time, but have some sequence where you want the palette to take effect, my suggestion is to copy the face definition (see the ... beside "Add"), give it a name later in alphabetical order, and uncheck the box. In the face effect, chose that new face definition, and adjust other settings as desired.