getting video to play in scheduler

Jimbo

Full time elf
Hi,

I am running video this year for my display. I have it all set up in sequencer and it plays correctly to the monitor output when I press play and output through sequencer.

However, when I load the file into scheduler the lights output fine but no video plays. I have tried a search in LSP forum but can't find anything on there about video setup. Is there a setting in scheduler somewhere for video?

arw01

Full time elf
I haven't seen such a spot either, but have not been looking for it. I know there are are settings in the sequencer to force output to certain monitors for video.

But I would drop an email on support@lightshowpro.com to see what a developer might say and come post that into the facebook group too.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Pretty annoying.

No replys on LSP Forums. Try to search for information and it comes up with page erors. Go to the links for documents and nothing is there.

All the LSP helper files etc which are required for video output to work are working in the background as required. I have force video on and it works fine in sequencer.

Have monitor 0 selected in sequencer and in the scheduler.

I am not happy as I chose LSP based on its abilityt to output video. From what I see there are serious issues with this and its a hit and miss as to whether it works.

So what am I to do?

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
not sure with version you are using but i have just downloaded it and got it going strasaight away. there are no settings that I can see in the Scheduler.

Jimbo

Full time elf
So here is what I ended up doing to use the video function in LSP.

After playing around with it, and many numerous bugs here is what I found.

1. Video not playing - The cause of this issue seemed to be because I had an earlier version of the file on the scheduler, and on the next day had uploaded a newer version of it. After clearing all schedules and re-uploading it began to work .

2. Windows screen coming up between sequences - I had 2 main sequences, both a mega mix of about 5 minutes long each. When transferring to the next sequence the force display black would stop working and show up the windows screen. To fix this, I had to set my display background to black.

3. Continuous stalling of video during display due to windows balloon notifications - I had to turn off all ballon notifications. Any form of computer notification would stall the video and mean I would have to re-start the computer.

4. Despite having the options of different monitor selections in scheduler, the video would only play on the main display properly and not come up on secondary monitors.

5. After fixing the above I ran the show for about 2 an a half weeks with very little issues, only having to have to skip to the next sequence about 6-8 times due to the video freezing up.

6. in the last week of the show I had to re-boot twice during the show.

Overall it was ok, but clearly there are a lot of bugs that need fixing to enable a fully reliant video output.

Due to timing, I had no option but to stick with the video feature in lsp this year, but will be moving to the raspberry Pi next year.