Greetings from Central Florida, USA!

Arejay

New elf
My name is Ralph, I go by the nickname arejay (pronounced R.J.). I'm very new to the hobby and am keen to learn as much as I can before diving into creating my own displays in the coming months and years. My ultimate goal will be to create a base scene that I can set up at the end of September and overlay with effects and props for Halloween and Christmas displays before taking down and storing for the summer until the following holiday season. I want to do something that is very different and unique from what one might see in so many holiday displays... such as the mega trees and leaping arches, I like them and think they are pretty to look at, I just don't want to have the same mix of props that can be found in every other display that's out there. I have many ideas for what I'd like to accomplish, just need to see if my time, talent (or lack thereof), and resources will be good enough to realize my vision in the near future. I know I have much to learn, so I do hope that this forum will be an excellent resource to beef up my talents when I'm pulling out my hair by the hand full, LOL.