Greetings from Uraidla

twohons

New elf
Hello all
Ive been putting up large-ish static displays for some years now, and decided to move to the next level with your help. I have a technical background, plan to use a Raspberry Pi with Falcon software and hopefully start by retrofitting a lot of low voltage strings and things I already have. Also interested into those curtain displays Ive been seeing so interested in hearing how its done. However, aiming for maybe my usual static display 2024 and going full-on with this technology and music 2025.

Welcome @twohons you are welcome to come past my display in Trinity Gardens when it's up and see some of the technology in action if you like

Hello

I would start with downloading xLights and creating a layout. Once you've done that, you'll know how many pixels you need and what controllers would work with your layout. You'll also have a decent idea what it will all look like on your house.
You could include your static display in your layout and low voltage strings that you already have and maybe use a DMX2 - 24 to control them

https://www.hansonelectronics.com.au/product/dmx2-24/

I do not use the above controller but there are some in the group that do and they could provide advice

Absolutley recommend the DMX boards from Hansonelectrocnics - i have a few and a lot of his Pixel Boards as well
recommend the hansoelectrocnics equipment HIGHLY.

Absolutley recommend the DMX boards from Hansonelectrocnics - i have a few and a lot of his Pixel Boards as well
recommend the hansoelectrocnics equipment HIGHLY.
each to their own, I'd recommend avoiding Hanson FPP based boards, and looking at non FPP based controllers like Falcon Pixel Controllers, Baldrick, Experience Lights etc.

Back