Hanson Electronics HE123 48 output pixel controller manual

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I'm still working on the manual for the HE123/HE123Mk2 but a number of people have asked about it. There should be just about everything in the manual needed to get the board going with Falcon Player. The manual for Falcon Player (which at this stage only suits FPP3.x not 4.x) is linked from the manual. The manual is linked from the HE123 and HE123 product pages on my site.
If anyone has any issues setting up you know where to find me.

Alan

Attachments

• HE123 mk2.jpg
    HE123 mk2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 35
  • HE123 mk2 (Small).jpg
    HE123 mk2 (Small).jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 34

AVXmaslights

New elf
Hi Alan,
I'm after some help with the HE123-RX please. I think I am missing something in the setup.
I've read the manual a few times now but cant figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Using channel testing from FPP, if the pixels are plugged into Port 1 of the HE123 all works as expected.
When I plug into port 17 HE123-RX, pixel colours/chases are wrong.
E.g RGB Chase is yellow, aqua, white, blue red and when you turn the test mode off pixels all go white.
I have also tried running a simple sequence and getting the same result.

Even sending a simple single colour fill to the pixels results in mixed random colours. (Image is red fill FPP test mode)
Photo 23-11-20, 21 11 48.jpg

Physical Setup is HE123-TX to RX via 1m cat5e patch. (I have tried a few different patch leads too)
FPP is in standalone player.
BBB String
  • Cape Type RGBCape48F
  • Pixel Timing: Normal (ws281x)
  • Expansion type - Differential
  • Differential Receiver: I have tried both standard and 1 smart receiver.
Thanks In Advance.
Cam

AAH

• Cape Type RGBCape48F
  • Pixel Timing: Normal (ws281x)
  • Expansion type - Differential
  • Differential Receiver: I have tried both standard and 1 smart receiver.
There is no expansion type. As far as xlights and fpp is concerned it is a standard output and not differential.

AAH

And the solution was?
The solution was actually that the board had faulty buffer IC's on it which the BBB's don't like. I traced the problem back in August thanks to dkulp and some posts over on the Falcon forum. I thought that all the boards that had the issues had been pulled in and I'd swapped the buffer IC's but there was 1 still lurking.
I sent out a new HE123, TX and RX to make sure that there was a complete working set.

AAH

Alan, just wondering if the OLED screen can be swapped for a bigger one? My ageing eyes don't like the little screens.
The range of oled displays is fairly limited and the 0.96" is extremely common. A 1.3" one would bolt on fine electrically but there's a fair lack of real estate around there. When I do my next redesign I might shuffle things around to fit a bigger display on there. My own eyes feel as old as Red :D